Crypto Currency Exchange Pentest
A cryptocurrency exchange penetration test should be conducted regularly to adapt to evolving threats and to ensure continuous improvement in the security posture of the platform. Regular updates to security policies and procedures are also essential to maintain a strong defense against emerging risks.
Performing a penetration test on a cryptocurrency exchange is a critical step in ensuring the security and reliability of blockchain-based applications. A thorough pentest involves a review of the exchange’s perimeter defenses, internal infrastructure, and web applications and APIs.
Pentest Crypto Currency can be both Centralized and Decentralized Crypto Currency exchanges.
- ISECURION minimized security risks by assessing the customer’s application vulnerabilities and recommended solutions with proven methods to enhance security.
- The depth of coverage that was carried by the team and the deliverables submitted helped client to not only identify technical and process related vulnerabilities but also assisted them in knowing how to fix them.
- Complied with all regulations, gained ability to focus on just the high-risk events and take immediate action.
- Security Awareness and Training.
- Incident Response Planning.
- Clearly define the scope of the penetration test, specifying the systems, networks, and applications that will be tested.
Legal and Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Obtain proper authorization to perform the penetration test.
Domain and IP Enumeration:
- Identify the exchange's public-facing domains and IP addresses.
- Map the network architecture and identify hosts and services.
- Analyze the architecture to identify potential threats and attack vectors.
- Prioritize potential risks based on the impact and likelihood.
Web Application Testing
- Assess the security of the exchange's web interfaces.
- Test for common web vulnerabilities such as SQL injection, cross-site scripting (XSS), and CSRF
- Evaluate the security of the exchange's APIs.
- Check for proper authentication, authorization, and data integrity.
Network Security Testing
- Conduct network penetration tests to identify vulnerabilities in network infrastructure.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and other network security controls.
- Decentralized Exchange Interface Attacks
- KYC verification process and bypass audit
- Crypto currency business logic testing
- Crypto currency and Transaction Verification and Testing
- Check for Leakage of Personally identifiable information (PII)
- Exchange business logic: API with a view of all customer’s balances, soft/hard withdrawing limits and payment history
- Two factor authentication bypass
- Wallet Security checks.
- Verification if a user can access other users wallet
- Verification if a user can access other users personal information
Security Architecture Review
- Assess the overall security architecture of the exchange.
- Review access controls, segregation of duties, and other security design aspects.
Documentation and Reporting
- Document all findings, including identified vulnerabilities, their severity levels, and recommendations for remediation.
- Provide a clear and detailed report to the client, including an executive summary for non-technical stakeholders.