Data Localization Audit
System Audit Report for Data Localisation (SAR)
Data localisation is the practice of storing data on any device that is physically present within the borders of the country where the data is generated.
- Unfettered supervisory access to data will help Indian law Enforcement ensure better monitoring.
- It will give local governments and regulators the jurisdiction to call for the data when required.
- Data centre industries are expected to benefit due to the data localization, which will further create employment in India.
- Minimizes conflict of jurisdiction due to cross-border data sharing and delays in justice delivery in case of a data breach.
- Secures citizen’s data and provides data privacy and data sovereignty from foreign surveillance.
- Ensures National Security by providing ease of investigation to Indian Law Enforcement agencies, as they currently need to rely on Mutual Legal Assistance Treaties (MLATs) to obtain access to data.
- Greater accountability from firms about the end-use of data.